APOLOGIES FOR OUR APPEARANCE! We are currently updating our website.
The Confucius Institute of Rutgers University (CIRU) was formed in partnership with Jilin University in China and with support from the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban)/Confucius Institute Headquarters. It is the only Confucius Institute in the state of New Jersey. CIRU aims to broaden Chinese language instruction, promote Chinese culture, spur the development of Chinese Studies, and advance a wide range of cultural exchanges of the U.S. and China.
Confucius Institute offers:
- Lecture series, workshops, and conferences on Chinese culture and contemporary China
- Chinese enrichment classes for kids
- Annual Chinese language competition for NJ High Schools
- Chinese language courses at all proficiency levels and evening courses to both the Rutgers community and the public
- Online Chinese teaching material for K-12 schools
- Training and support for K-12 Chinese teachers
- Chinese enrichment programs in NJ schools
- Summer camps in China for US high school and NJ college students
- Chinese troupe performances
- preparation and administration of HSK Chinese proficiency test
- Support for and collaboration with students and staff associated from our five Confucius Classroom
For more information, click here.